The specific aims of the Physical Education department are to:
- Provide the outstanding teaching and learning for all pupils.
- Inspire pupils to achieve their best both academically and within sporting environments.
- Develop competitive, successful sporting teams that encourage students to develop personal qualities of commitment, fairness, enthusiasm and an appreciation of honest competition and good sportsmanship.
- Allow for the acquisition and application of vital transferable skills appropriate to a range of sporting activities.
- Allow learners to achieve their full potential, recognise the uniqueness of the individual and encourage the development of self-worth.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of personal hygiene and safety principles within all contexts.
- Inspire enjoyment of physical activity that may further prepare the pupil for participation in physical activity in their adult life.
- Encourage the development of a variety of desirable student competencies such as problem solving, team work, leadership, self-direction, communication, initiative and independence.
Belvedere British School Physical Education department is committed to providing an exciting and challenging curriculum that is designed to ensure that all our learners have the opportunity to make good or outstanding progress.
Belvedere British School PE department believe that everyone can benefit from sport in any number of roles from performer to coach, official to leader, and that sport can be used to inspire learners throughout the wider curriculum, leading to improved performance. The department aims to encourage learners to become independent, where learning skills and applying them in a range of new and changing situations is valued.
The Physical Education department is committed to the school’s motto ‘preparation for life’ by promoting lifelong learning and by providing outstanding opportunities for all of our students that they will want to continue into their adult life.