Assessment is a continuous process integral to learning. By understanding how well we are doing we can set targets for improvement and also realise what we have achieved and how much progress we have made.
Belvedere British School will:
- Evaluate pupils learning during and after each lesson to identify those pupils with particular needs (including those who are more able) so that future planning can reflect this.
- Ensure pupils are aware of the learning objective and encourage them to evaluate their progress so that they understand the next steps they need to make.
- Set individual, challenging targets in numeracy and literacy on a regular basis and discuss these with the pupils so that they are involved in the process.
- Regularly share these targets with parents to include them in supporting their child’s learning –this is through parent-teacher discussions and formal school reporting conferences.
- Encourage pupils to evaluate their own work against success criteria based upon specific, key learning objectives.
- Complete formal assessments according to the school schedule and store this in the School Management System which provides an assessment continuum.